Start date: 14 September 2021
Duration: 3 days (14th ,15th & 16th Sept 2021)
Location: National Cobotics, Centre for Excellence, Clonmore business park, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
Certificate: QQI Certification: 6N5377 (Formerly Fetac Level 6)
Understand basic electrics and deal safely and efficiently with electrical and plant related issues.
If you have already completed the Level ONE course ( Days 1 & 2 ), you can join Days 3, 4 & 5 ....to achieve QQI Certification.
• Develop a knowledge and understanding of AC and DC Electricity, their application and uses
• Learn to be more effective at work due to knowledge gained of how electrical systems operate
• Gain a greater understanding of the principle of Electromagnetism for Generator effect or Motor effect
• Improve your confidence by having a better appreciation of the importance of Electricity safety issues for safe and effective interaction with electricity
• Apply theory gained into practical exercises involving resistors, lighting and motor circuits, using tools, meters and work-boards.
• Go through a review of best use of electrical energy, with overview of latest energy efficient appliances and drives
• Gain a more in-depth understanding of Electricity & Electrical Systems as used within industry.
• With a clear focus on safety and safe systems of work, the participant becomes keenly aware of design, precautions and best practice to ensure a safe and efficient electrical installation.
• The course progresses from first principles theory and laws, through description, selection and use of all components, to practical wiring exercises and use of test instruments.
Contact Us to Book Now
On completion of this course
Participants will have learned and understood electrical theory and principles.
They have applied this understanding with the practical use of multimeters, tools, cables and workboards to complete progressive stages of exercises culminating in the test and operation of a direct-on-line single-phase motor installation.
All participants have demonstrated both understanding and practical application and have successfully achieved the objectives of this course.
Course Duration & Trainer
5 days. Please note if you have joined our Level ONE Industrial Electrical course you only have 3 days to complete in the class room to aim for QQI Certification.
Course trainer is Qualified in Electrical Engineering, Facilities Management, Asset Care, Lean 6 Sigma, Visuality and Health and Safety and has a proven track record of achievement in Engineering and Management within a FMCG multinational and regularly delivers a variety of electrical courses.
Section 1: Electricity and Electrons. Effects of Electricity, Heating, Magnetic and Chemical. Ohms Law, Resistors in Series and Parallel including practical work,.Kirchoff’s Current and Voltage Laws. Electrical Terms and Units.
Section 2: AC and DC Voltage, RMS, Frequency, Waveforms, Capacitance, Farad, Circuits, Time Constant, Reactance. Inductance, Henries, Circuits, Reactance.
Section 3: Magnetism, Right-hand Rule, Magnetic Field and Flux, AC Motor Operation, DOL, Star-Delta, Testing of Motors. Wire-up Control and Power Circuits to Operatie a DOL SIngle-Phase Motor.
Section 4: Control Circuits, Relay, Contactor, Graphic Symbols, Hold-On/latch, Overload Relay. Structure of a Circuit.
Section 5: Electrical Safety; Legal and Technical Management and Standards, Hazards, Fires, LockOut / TagOut, Fatalities, Injuries, Earthing and Bonding, RCD, MCB, Fuses, Distribution Boards, Safety Tips. TYpes of Overcurrent Faults.
Safety features right throughout each day of course.
Electrical Drawings: 3-Types, in-depth of Schematic, Reference Letters, Fault-Finding and Trouble-Shooting, Panel and Plant issues
Power Factor: Theory, Implications and Correction
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) : Features, PSU and I/O
Electrical Panels: Building Convention, Design and Layout
VSD / Inverters: Features, Construction, Pros and Cons
Power Supply Units: Construction, Operation, O/P Waveform
The above content covers the course material to be learned / understood in order for participants to answer the exam questions.
There are 2 theoretical and 2 practical exams and each participant must keep a log book and complete/submit mini assignments and projects.
Each participant is supplied with a work-board, box of tools, multi-meter, cables/flex and all components for this practical hands-on course.